Saturday, November 19, 2011

SUStars Blog Hop-Gift Giving Ideas


Welcome to SUStars Blog Hop. With Christmas right around the corner its time to start thinking about gift giving. I have some great packaging ideas to share with you. Be sure to visit all the blogs on this tour. We have some wonderful stampers on this group, and I'm sure you will get super ideas! Don't forget to leave comments as we just love to read them!

I decided to create all my projects with Pines & Poinsettias, and matching designer paper Holly Berry Bouquet. Still time to purchase these from the Holiday mini.


First up is a simple origami gift box. I started with 8x8 designer paper for the bottom of the box, and used 8 1/4 x 8 1/4 designer paper for the lid. Next I used the Lace Ribbon punch with Real Red cardstock. Punched two strips and wrapped around the box. Mini glue dots used to hold the bands together. They will easily slip off to open the box. Want to make a box? Visit this site
for directions.
For the poinsettia flower I used the 5 petal flower punch with Whisper White cardstock. Sponged edges with So Saffron then added a 3/4 circle to center with a pop dot. Merry from Tiny Tags.



Side view of box.


This is a "perfect" bag. These bags where shown at 2008 SU convention. You can make them in different sizes. This one uses two pieces of 8x5 designer paper. Tags til Christmas used for tag.


I really like how this little gift box turned out. I used Top Note die for the front and back, and used Box 2 die for the center. Large scallop punch, 1 3/8, and 1 1/4 circle punch for the center. I did snip off just a bit of the bottom of the Crumb Cake base so the box would stand flat.


I tied bakers twine around the Real Red box before using sticky strip to attach it to the box. This will make it easy to open the box so the recipient doesn't have to tear the box apart to get the gift open.

I hope you have enjoyed my little part in this "Hop". Next up is Denise Foor. You can visit her blog HERE

Stamping Trails
Karen

15 comments:

Carey said...

I love every single one of these. I would not be able to pick a favorite if I tried. Thanks for all the great ideas. I will be doing some CASEing.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Krafting Karen said...

thanks Carey....you are my biggest fan!

sherryd said...

All great ideas!

inkedx2 said...

Love your packages. Great ideas that I will be casing!

Shari said...

I need to make those boxes!

Chris O said...

Absolutely splendid ideas...I can't choose a favorite, they are all great!

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Really cute boxes....I can see making a CASE of these in my future. Thanks for the inspiration.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely packaging!

Janice said...

Great great projects, thanks.

Janice Heighway

Jayne Stenstrom said...

Cute projects! (And obviously great minds think alike - I did a Top Note Die box too!)

I don't remember seeing the bags at Convention. Will you be sharing directions (or could you e-mail them to me)? Thanks!
~Jayne S.
jayne@jaynestamps.com

Happy Stamper said...

Great work! Love the "ribbon" on the package and adore the purse. You did a great job putting the paper designs together. I hope you will share the directions on the purse too.

Dawn said...

Karen--Adorable projects! I love them all, but I think my favorite is the top note box--can't wait to make these!

Barbra said...

LUV LUV LUV your little gift boxes. So pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Betty said...

You can't beat that top note die!
Super idea - thanks!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very cute